Ant McPartlin 'gets permission to build pool at his £6million home'
Ant McPartlin and girlfriend Anne-Marie Corbett ‘planning to build a swimming pool and victorian garden room’ at their £6million London home
- The couple have gained approval to install a pool in their secluded garden
- Ant and Anne-Marie moved into the seven bedroom property in 2018
- The council are said to have granted permission to also build a victorian changing room
- Ant and Anne-Marie live in the £6million South London property with her two children
- The couple moved in after going public with their romance
- Ant announced in 2018 he was divorcing his wife Lisa Armstrong after 11 years of marriage
Ant McPartlin and his girlfriend Anne-Marie Corbett have gained permission to build a swimming pool at their £6million South West London home, it has been reported.
The TV presenter. 44, and Anne-Marie, also 44, are said to have gained approval from the council to install a pool in their secluded garden and a victorian style changing room.
The couple, who moved into the property in 2018, have been busy renovating their seven bedroom home.
Granted: Ant McPartlin and his girlfriend Anne-Marie Corbett have gained permission to build a swimming pool at their £6million London home, it has been reported (pictured last month)
According to The Sun, Ant’s planning agent told the council in the reports: ‘The existing rear garden is a good size with a boundary fence around the sides of the property with mature trees on all sides adding to the privacy.
‘There is very little overlooking possible between ground floors of neighbouring properties.
‘The rear garden is very secluded and the proposed swimming pool and the garden room will not be visible from neighbouring houses.’
Splash! The TV presenter. 44, and Anne-Marie, also 44, are said to have gained approval from the council to install a pool in their secluded garden
Construction: The publication report the council approved the outdoor plans, two single-storey extensions and a garage conversion to a bathroom
Renovations: The couple, who moved into the property in 2018, have been busy renovating their seven bedroom home
The publication report the council approved the outdoor plans, two single-storey extensions and a garage conversion to a bathroom as the renovations were ‘designed to reflect the character and appearance of the original building’.
MailOnline has contacted Ant’s representatives for comment.
In November, The Mail On Sunday revealed Ant tried to maintain anonymity in a planning application for his £6 million mansion by using the name ‘Logan Mountstuart’.
Logan Mountstuart is the fictitious British writer whose story is told in the 2002 novel Any Human Heart by William Boyd.
On the sofa: Ant presented Saturday Night Takeaway from his living room last week
Logan struggles with alcohol, depression and the split-up with his wife – events echoed in Ant’s recent past. In June 2017, he checked into rehab after confessing to problems with substance abuse, prescription drugs and alcohol following operations on his knee.
Nine months later he was fined £86,000 and given a 20-month driving ban after pleading guilty to drink-driving. He had been more than twice the alcohol limit when he caused a three-car collision in Richmond, South-West London, while driving with his mother, Christine Woodhall.
Just three months earlier he announced he was splitting with his wife Lisa Armstrong after 11 years of marriage.
Ant submitted an application to the council last March as he continued to renovate the seven-bedroom house he is moving into with Anne-Marie and her two daughters.
He wanted to put up a canopy in his garden large enough to put a car in, and named the applicant as Logan Mountstuart.
Earlier this year, Saturday Night Takeaway host Ant was reported to have handed over £31 million to Lisa in their divorce settlement, including their £5 million home in West London, after an ‘eight-hour negotiation’.
The beauty expert was said to have been the ‘peacemaker’ during a recent eight-hour long discussion about her divorce from the TV star, claimed The Sun.
The publication first alleged the TV veteran offered up more than half of his estimated £50m fortune, but was ‘delighted’ that the case has come to an end as he can ‘move on’, two years after announcing their split.
However, as the news broke, the former Deuce musician took to Twitter to deny the reports, posting: ‘Nope a load of nonsense AGAIN….’
Over: The presenter has reportedly filed paperwork to cease trading, amid claims he handed over £31 million to wife Lisa during their divorce settlement
Source: Read Full Article