Prince Harry ‘blinded by Meghan’ and ‘destroying himself’ in interviews, says Paul Burrell
Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox
Prince Harry is "destroying himself" by giving interviews and has been "blinded" by his wife Meghan Markle, according to his mother Princess Diana's former butler.
The 36-year-old has given a number of interviews since leaving the UK for California, where he now resided with his pregnant wife, 39, and their two year old son Archie.
Last week, he starred in a new mental health series with Oprah Winfrey titled The Me You Can't See, and slammed his father Prince Charles, and accused the Royal family of "total neglect".
Princess Diana's former butler Paul Burrell, 62, has now hit out at the Duke of Sussex, and believes Meghan will be the only person able to stop him from speaking out.
Paul told Closer magazine: "He's been blinded by Meghan, by her beauty and by this Hollywood world.
"I think now it could only be Meghan who can stop him from doing these interviews and doing any more damage, and destroying himself.
"He won't heal if he keeps doing this — it'll make things worse in the long run. I honestly have no idea when he'll stop."
How to watch The Me You Can't See on Apple TV+?
You can watch the new documentary series, produced by Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey, by signing up to Apple TV+ streaming service here. The new show, which will air on May 21, explores mental health and emotional well-being and includes featured interviews from Lady Gaga, Glenn Close, NBA star DeMar DeRozan and others about their experiences.
You can subscribe to Apple TV+ instantly for £4.99 a month or try the free 7-day trial, but remember to cancel before the trial ends to avoid getting charged the full subscription fee. Apple is also giving away Apple TV+ subscriptions for free for one year when you purchase a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV or Mac. Find out more about the offer by visiting tv.apple.com.
This article contains affiliate links, we may receive a commission on any sales we generate from it.Learn more
I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! star Paul added that, whilst Diana would be proud of her youngest son, she wouldn't have wanted him to fall out with his family.
He claimed: "Diana would be heartbroken it's come to this.
"Not only would she be devastated that Harry is cut off from his family, but she'd disapprove of him tearing down the royals.
"She'd want him to stop airing his dirty laundry, and to live a quiet, private life, focused on his children."
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
Paul recently spoke out on the Martin Bashir controversy after an investigation concluded that the journalist used deceit to land his infamous interview with the Princess of Wales.
Speaking on Good Morning Britain on Monday, Paul, who drove Martin to Kensington House for the controversial interview, has said the journalist "betrayed" the Princess.
When asked if Martin betrayed the royal following the fallout over the historic interview with the Princess, Paul said: "There's two sides really isn't it?
"I think betrayed as a friend who didn't tell the Princes the whole truth, obviously.
The Royal Family
"Because I liked him, we were both his friend and he was a very kind… a very wonderful personality he had."
Paul went on: "He knew, which buttons to press to get the right answers. He knew how to play the Princess, but she was clever. She knew how to play him, too.
"So in the end it was a game to her and she got out of it her place on the world stage.
"Without that Panorama interview she would not have gone on to be a global icon. So, I think she used it to the best ability she could to become the person she was."
Source: Read Full Article