2021 Kentucky Derby post time, odds: Live stream, TV info, how to watch race at Churchill Downs
The 147th running of the Kentucky Derby will take place Saturday from Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, and will be televised by NBC. Post time is scheduled for 6:57 p.m. ET.
Essential Quality, trained by Brad Cox, opened as the 2-1 favorite and has been bet down nearly even-money odds as of Saturday morning. Luis Saez will be aboard for the trip. Saez rode Maximum Security to victory in 2019, only to see that victory stripped away as a result of a steward's inquiry.
Rock Your World is the second betting favorite, followed by Hot Rod Charlie. Bob Baffert and John Velazquez, the connections that won the 2020 Derby with Authentic, have Medina Spirit, who enters as a solid medium-shot at 15-1.
Derby Draw: Who got the best and worst post positions?
Why you'll lose: Why your 2021 Kentucky Derby horse can — or can't — win
Soft favorite?: Essential Quality is taking the money, but he may not be best
Essential Quality is the Kentucky Derby favorite. (Photo: Pat McDonogh, Courier Journal)
Kentucky Derby post time
The 2021 Kentucky Derby's estimated post time is 6:57 p.m EST. The race will air on NBC, which will begin coverage at 2:30 p.m.
TV and streaming info
Coverage from Churchill Downs begins at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBC and NBCSports.com.
Odds for the field
Post position, horse, trainer, jockey, odds
Odds current as of 10 a.m. EST. For up-to-the-minute odds, visit ChurchillDowns.com.
1. Known Agenda, Todd Pletcher, Irad Ortiz Jr., 13-1
2. Like the King, Wesley Ward, Drayden Van Dyke, 55-1
3. Brooklyn Strong, Daniel Velazquez, Umberto Rispoli, 43-1
4. Keepmeinmind, Robertino Diodoro, David Cohen, 50-1
5. Sainthood, Todd Pletcher, Corey Lanerie, 42-1
6. O Besos, Greg Foley, Marcelino Pedroza, 41-1
7. Mandaloun, Brad Cox, Florent Geroux, 31-1
8. Medina Spirit, Bob Baffert, John Velazquez, 13-1
9. Hot Rod Charlie, Doug O'Neill, Flavien Prat, 6-1
10. Midnight Bourbon, Steve Asmussen, Mike Smith, 14-1
11. Dynamic One, Todd Pletcher, Jose Ortiz, 43-1
12. Helium, Mark Casse, Julien Leparoux, 43-1
13. Hidden Stash, Vicki Oliver, Rafael Bejarano, 38-1
14. Essential Quality, Brad Cox, Luis Saez, 2-1
15. Rock Your World, John Sadler, Joel Rosario, 4-1
16. King Fury, Kenny McPeek, Brian Hernandez Jr., SCR
17. Highly Motivated, Chad Brown, Javier Castellano, 12-1
18. Super Stock, Steve Asmussen, Ricardo Santana Jr., 30-1
19. Soup and Sandwich, Mark Casse, Tyler Gaffalione, 26-1
20. Bourbonic, Todd Pletcher, Kendrick Carmouche, 29-1
Source: Read Full Article