Foodie shares six 'mind blowing' kitchen hacks
Foodie shares six ‘mind blowing’ kitchen hacks – and how to prevent pots from boiling over using an unlikely ingredient
- Foodie Armen Adamjan shared his top kitchen tips
- One was smudging butter on edge of a pot to prevent water boiling over
A foodie has revealed six lesser-know ‘hacks’ when cooking or baking – such as how to prevent pots of water from boiling over on the stove using a kitchen staple.
Armen Adamjan, better known as Creative Explained, shared a short and snappy video detailing his tips with his 3.8million Instagram followers.
‘Clever kitchen hacks I find pretty useful! Maybe you will too,’ he captioned the entertaining clip.
To stop water from boiling over a pot, Armen said to simply smudge butter around the inside edge of the rim. The water won’t pass the greasy layer of butter.
Scroll down for video
Armen Adamjan, better known as Creative Explained, shared his top kitchen ‘hacks’. Armen Adamjan, better known as Creative Explained, shared his top kitchen ‘hacks’
In the video, he continued to outline his other ‘handy’ tips.
Armen alternated the position of his wine glasses to fit more into his overhead kitchen cupboard.
One glass was placed right way up then the next upside down and so on. Not only does this trick fit more in storage, it also looks fancier.
Next, he shared a simple trick to clean silverware using two ingredients.
He placed his teaspoons in a bowl then sprinkled over a decent amount of baking soda then added vinegar on top.
A chemical reaction occurred as the two fizz together and all stains are removed. His cutlery was left looking sparkling new.
Armen also shared how to prevent food from sticking to a pan.
‘If food sticks to your stainless steel pan, it’s because it wasn’t “ready to receive it”,’ he said.
To ensure the pan is hot enough he advised to do a ‘water test’.
‘Splash some water into the hot pan and if it evaporates, it’s not ready,’ he said, adding: ‘If the water wobbles around, it’s ready.’
DIY pickles can also be made with left over pickle juice. Simply slice a cucumber and place it in the pickle juice.
After a week or so the cucumber will turn into pickles.
Little-known kitchen hacks
1. Prevent water from boiling over a pot by smudging some butter around the edge
2. Alternate the position of wine glasses (one right side up and another upside down) to fit more in the cupboard
3. Place silverware in a bowl, pour baking soda over the top and add vinegar to clean
4. When cooking or baking with flour, use a whisk to scoop it up
5. If food sticks to your stainless steel pan, it’s because it wasn’t ‘ready to receive it’. Do the ‘water test’. Splash some water into the hot pan and if it evaporates, it’s not ready. If the water wobbles around, it’s ready.
6. Don’t discard pickle juice, instead slice up some cucumbers, put it in the juice and enjoy fresh pickles
The video has since been viewed more than 1.8 million times, and many thanked Armen for sharing his knowledge.
‘This is awesome,’ one person wrote, another added: ‘Thank you for the education, I had no idea!’
‘I’m SO trying the butter trick,’ another said.
Others said placing a wooden spoon across the pot to prevent the water from bubbling over.
Source: Read Full Article