Home cook shares easy but indulgent Mars Bar Rice Krispie cake recipe
Foodies are going wild for an easy Mars Bar Rice Krispie Cake recipe which can be made in the slow cooker.
The method was shared on an Australian Facebook group for keen crockpot cooks.
Dessert-lovers will enjoy the tasty results of just a few moments work.
All you need to whip up the pud is a few Mars bars, golden syrup, puffed rice cereal and milk chocolate.
We don’t need to tell you to enjoy this treat in moderation – with an ingredients list like that its definitely rich.
Here’s how to make the crispy cake:
What's your favourite recipe? Let us know in the comments…
Mars Bar Rice Krispie Cake
- 12 Mars bars
- 100g butter or margarine
- 8 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 8 cups of Rice Krispies
- 600g Cadbury milk chocolate
- Melt the Mars bars, butter or margarine and golden syrup in the slow cooker or a bain marie (that’s a glass bowl on top of a saucepan of boiling water).
- Once melted and combined, remove the mix from the heart and stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Melt the chocolate and pour it over the Rice Krispies mix.
- Leave to cool and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When the cake starts to set, slice portions into the top of the chocolate so the cake doesn’t crack.
- Leave the cake in the fridge for three hours and then slice to serve.
This dessert looks like a sweet-tooth’s dream pud.
You can buy four Mars Bars for £1.25 at Sainsbury’s – so you’ll need to spend £3.75 to get enough for the recipe.
Plus, if you add on the cost of the other ingredients then the cake will set you back about £10.
That’s cheaper than a lot of restaurant desserts!
Source: Read Full Article