I want to buy a flat with my boyfriend but he's in too much drug debt

DEAR DEIDRE: I DON’T know what to do about my boyfriend’s drug and alcohol problem.

I can’t talk this over with anyone because my mum has just left my dad for another man. She has other things on her mind and Dad is really struggling.

Get in touch with Deidre today

My team and I are working safely from home but we are here to help you as always.

Send an email to [email protected]

Every problem gets a personal reply, usually within 24 hours weekdays.

You can also send a private message on the DearDeidreOfficial Facebook page.

Follow me on Twitter @deardeidre.

I’m a woman of 25 and my dad is 51. My boyfriend is 28 and he likes to take cocaine and alcohol at the same time.

I used to think it was just now and then, but it is clear he has a bad habit.

There are always dealers at his door who sometimes threaten him. I was going to buy a flat and have him move in but I’m not sure now.

I know Dad would say just to leave him but we’ve been together for two years.

DEIDRE SAYS: Buying a flat should be positive but moving your boyfriend in and bringing drug issues to your front door would be self-destructive.

Tell him you only have a future if he can get clean. Explain you are worried for your dad’s wellbeing too

Be firm he can’t move in unless he is clear of addiction. He can find support through We Are With You, who help all those affected by addiction (wearewithyou.org.uk).

READ YESTERDAY'S DEAR DEIDRE I want to end my marriage for my sex-mad lover but I'm afraid she'd cheat on me

READ DEIDRE'S CLASSIC PHOTO CASEBOOK Kirsten wants to warn Anna about her creepy new fiance

GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]

Source: Read Full Article