Screwfix click and collect opening hours: Is Screwfix open for click and collect today?
Screwfix is a multichannel retailer of trade tools, accessories and hardware products popular with DIY fans. Many people are hoping to transform their homes over the upcoming Easter weekend amid the coronavirus lockdown. But is Screwfix open for click and collect today?
The chief executive of Screwfix has agreed to take a 20 percent pay cut amid the financial pressure from the coronavirus pandemic.
Thierry Garnier, from firm Kingfisher which owns Screwfix and B&Q, has also scrapped his bonus.
Additionally, the retail company has donated £1m of protective medical equipment to health services across Europe.
The home and DIY company said it would donate five trucks of protective eyewear and masks worth over £200,000 to the NHS emergency hub in the Midlands.
Kingfisher has also ordered a further three million face masks from suppliers in China and Israel which are expected to arrive towards the end of the month.
In a statement, Kingfisher said: “There is a global peak in demand, but by ringfencing stock and using our international supply chain, we can help bring essential PPE to where healthcare needs are greatest in our markets.”
- DIY shops: Are DIY or hardware shops open today?
On March 23 Boris Johnson rolled out a nationwide lockdown, ordering all non-essential businesses to close.
Specifically, the following operators were ordered close:
- Pubs, cinemas and theatres
- All retail with notable exceptions – these closures include clothing and electronics stores; hair, beauty and nail salons; and outdoor and indoor markets, excluding food markets
- Libraries, community centres, and youth centres
- Indoor and outdoor leisure facilities such as bowling alleys, arcades and soft play facilities
- Communal places within parks, such as playgrounds, sports courts and outdoor gyms
- Places of worship, except for funerals attended by immediate families
- Hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use, excluding permanent residents, key workers and those providing emergency accommodation, for example for the homeless.
- Other businesses are permitted to remain open and their employees can travel to work, provided they cannot work from home.
Only shops deemed to sell essential goods are permitted to remain open, including:
- Post offices
- Petrol stations
- Veterinary practices
- Pet shops
- DIY and hardware stores.
Desperate NHS staff buy masks from Screwfix as fears grow over PPE [INSIGHT]
Coronavirus: Screwfix, Wickes, B&Q & Homebase amended opening hours [EXPLAINER]
B&Q owner to shut 15 more stores as Kingfisher’s profits plunge [ANALYSIS]
- Kingfisher remains a work in progress – SHARE HUNTER
Are Screwfix stores open today?
Screwfix has adapted its retail proposition to offer click and collect and home delivery on essential items only.
To ensure the safety of staff and customers, the retailer has asked shoppers to stay at home and use home delivery unless it is urgent.
The Screwfix website reads: “Unless it is essential, we are asking you to stay at home and use our home delivery service.”
Screwfix stores are open for click and collect from 8am to 5pm from Monday to Saturday and 9am to 4pm on Sunday for existing essential click and collect orders only.
If you need to visit a store to collect your item, you must respect the strict Social Distancing measures we’ve put in place for the safety of both our customers and colleagues.
The DIY company has asked customers not to visit the store unless they have received a SMS to let them know their item is ready.
You can find out more information about click and collect orders from Screwfix here.
When is Screwfix open for click and collect over the Easter bank holiday weekend?
Screwfix shops are open from Friday to Monday as follows:
- Good Friday, April 10: 8am to 5pm
- Saturday, April 11: 8am to 5pm
- Easter Sunday, April 12: Closed
- Easter Monday, April 13: 8am to 5pm.
These opening times may be subject to change so it is best to check your local Screwfix store here. https://www.screwfix.com/jsp/tradeCounter/tradeCounterPage.jsp
Source: Read Full Article