Sick pay to help depressed brother has run out and we don't have funds to help | The Sun

DEAR DEIDRE: MY brother has been out of work for 11 months after having a fall in the warehouse he works in.

Physically he’s absolutely fine but his depression has come back with a vengeance.

Listen to the NEW Dear Deidre podcast

Resident agony aunt Sally Land is taking The Sun’s legendary advice column from the page to podcast.

Each week, Sally will be joined by an expert and some of your favourite celebs to give helpful, entertaining advice to listener problems.

A brand new episode will be available every THURSDAY.

Listen HERE, or wherever you get your podcasts.

It doesn’t help that the sick pay from his work and his statutory sick pay has run out.

He’s also applied for Universal Credit but what can he do while he waits to hear if he’s eligible?

My brother is 57 and I am 54.

Get in touch with Deidre

Every problem gets a personal reply, usually within 24 hours weekdays.

Send an email to [email protected]

You can also send a private message on the DearDeidreOfficial Facebook page.

Me and my wife have been subbing him but we’ve run out of savings now.

What can I do to help him?

Most read in Dear Deidre


I think my lover is having my baby – but claims it's her husband's


I prefer my daughter to my toddler son


I've deleted my OnlyFans account but I still feel guilty for using it


I was lost after my husband walked out, but you got me back on track

DEIDRE SAYS:  You are a good brother and it’s encouraging that he is physically able to get back to work.

Encourage him to go and see his GP for support with his depression.

Ask him out for regular walks which will help his mindset and encourage him to be as active as possible.

He can contact Turn2us (, 0808 802 2000) who provide free and confidential help for those in financial need.

They will help to advise him on whether he is entitled to any more benefits, tax credits or charitable grants.

    Source: Read Full Article