The next episode of EastEnders is a particularly special one, and it’s one that will be told from Ben Mitchell’s (Max Bowden) perspective, as the young man attempts to carrying out a dangerous and life-threatening job.
Viewers will experience limited audio levels and on-screen subtitles showing words and fractured sentences to reflect Ben’s hearing difficulties.
On the special episode, Jon Sen (Executive Producer) said: ‘The story of Ben’s struggle with his deafness has given us a gripping insight into his character. This special point of view episode is a ground-breaking episode unlike any other attempted in the history of EastEnders.’
With emotions running high, danger afoot — and a no doubt compelling performance from Max Bowden — it promises to be an instalment EastEnders fans will never forget, and here’s just a little taster of what’s in store.
1. The day of the job arrives, but Ben soon finds his attention elsewhere, as he sets his sights on Peter and Lola together — and due to him being distracted by such a sight, he nearly gets hit by a car.
2. Determined to get to the bottom of what’s going on, an angry Ben questions Lola, but Jay soon intervenes.
3. Phil runs through what the job will entail, but Ben struggles to understand what he’s saying — which results in the Mitchell hard-man becoming frustrated once more.
4. Ben reveals a gun that he’s bought, which proves to be the final straw for Phil, who then puts his foot down — revealing that Ben can no longer take part in the job.
5. Jay confronts Ben for upsetting Lola — revealing that she had an abortion and claimed he was the reason.
6. Ben drags Lola out of the salon and forces her to admit that she slept with Peter.
7. He has some horrid words for the mother of his daughter, before heading off to the Prince Albert to get drunk.
8. While looking for Peter, Ben spots a van following Danny and Phil as they depart for the job, which leaves him suspicious.
9. He becomes worried about what the presence of said van might mean, and thus takes Gray’s car from the Arches, and — after changing the number plate — he rushes to the warehouse where the job is due to take place.
10. When he arrives, the job is already underway, and the situation soon spirals out of control — and Ben ends up having a gun pointed at him as he makes an alarming discovery.
One to watch: June 1 at 8pm on BBC One.
If you’ve got a soap or TV story, video or pictures get in touch by emailing us [email protected] – we’d love to hear from you.
Join the community by leaving a comment below and stay updated on all things soaps at our homepage.
Source: Read Full Article