Shocking video shows crowd of thirsty revelers drinking in Long Island bar despite coronavirus shutdown

VIDEO has emerged of a Long Island bar rammed with "stupid" drinkers in clear violation of the state’s coronavirus shutdown rules.

Worrying clips and photos posted on social media show maskless customers packed inside the popular Dublin Deck Tiki Bar and Grill in Patchogue .

Local police received several 911 calls on Friday night about the bar not following New York Governor Andrew Cuomo’s 'PAUSE' order.

On one video someone can be heard shouting: “Everybody’s so thirsty, let’s go!”

“Finally back to normal!” another reveler yelled.

One can then be heard loudly slurring: "Back at the watering hole."

The bar apologized on Facebook saying it will stick to coronavirus rules in the future but the post has since been deleted.

“We apologize to anyone who may have been offended by the videos that surfaced,” read the post, reports Newsday.

“We assure you it was not intended and will not happen again.”


The bar's co-owner Frank Mills later claimed it only allowed people inside during a rain storm.

He said most were boat owners parked at a nearby marina who were ordering meals to take away.

“Everybody decided to run inside out of the rain and they overwhelmed us,” Mills said.

“It was that simple. It has never happened before and it will never happen again.”

Mills added those inside the bar – known as the Leaky Tiki – seemed keen to socialize.

“Everybody hunkered down. We did what we were supposed to do,” he said.

“You can call it what you want but they’re chomping at the bit to go do something.”

On Sunday, the governor’s top aide, Melissa DeRosa, labelled the customers’ actions “stupid.”

“From what I understand, the photos show people were in this space and they weren’t wearing masks," DeRosa said.

"That’s stupid. Stupid for you, it’s stupid for your surrounding patrons, it’s stupid for the bar,”

DeRosa noted the bar's claims about the rain and said enforcement was up to Suffolk County cops.

“I take them at their word that that’s what happened, but moving forward they should be on notice, and again the enforcement is up to the locals,” she said.

Gov. Cuomo added: “It’s supposed to be curbside pickup, right? That doesn’t sound like curbside pickup.”

Police Commissioner Geraldine Hart said that by the time cops responded to the bar most of the drinkers had left.

New York's PAUSE order applies to the temporary closing of businesses and limiting of social gatherings, among other things.

It is a 10-point policy to assure uniform safety for everyone, says New York state. The maximum fine for violations of the state's social distancing protocol is $1,000.

 

 

 

Source: Read Full Article

Shocking ‘sexual abuse pyramid scheme’ laid bare in Netflix’s Jeffrey Epstein documentary Filthy Rich – The Sun

JEFFREY Epstein was running a "sexual abuse pyramid scheme" as more shocking details of his heinous life are revealed.
The tycoon was facing life behind bars for abusing women and underage girls for decades, assembling a network of enablers to help carry out and cover up his crimes.

Epstein gained tremendous wealth and power while running an international sex trafficking ring, but died by alleged suicide in his jail cell last year while awaiting trial for sex trafficking.

A new Netflix documentary series called. Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich, tells the story of the crooked businessman and his life of debauchery.

One shocking revelation in the docuseries includes the "sexual abuse pyramid scheme" that saw Epstein encourage his young victims to recruit more girls into his pedophile ring.

Attorney Brad Edwards, is representing Courtney Wild, one Epstein's victims.




She met Epstein when she was just 14 and couldn't live at home because of her mother's drug use.

Brad set out to prove the pyramid scheme of one girl recruited two friends, and they then recruit two and so on, the pedophile ring could grow exponentially.

The attorney said: "We had to prove that this pyramid of underage girls in Palm Beach was true.

"It didn't start from just a random underage girl walking into the house."

Brad then explained it took his team 30 days to put together a flow chart of the scheme, including names, but believed it could be five times bigger.

The docuseries will premiere on Netflix on May 27 and will run for four episodes.

The promo clip for the series features images of Epstein with Ghislaine Maxwell  – the socialite accused of acting as a pimp for the wealthy sex trafficker.

With their frightening firsthand accounts, Epstein’s accusers are the leading voices in this docuseries.

By revealing their emotional scars, some for the very first time, the sisterhood of survivors intend to stop predators — and the American justice system — from silencing the next generation.

Main accuser Virginia Roberts appears in the documentary to tell her story.

Ghislaine is believed to be hiding out at Epstein's ranch in New Mexico after she asked a judge to move a sex assault case against her to the state, court docs have shown.

The 58-year-old is accused of attacking Annie Farmer, then 16, with ex-boyfriend Epstein.


The Brit socialite, daughter of disgraced media mogul Robert Maxwell, made a request to move the civil case brought by Farmer in legal documents filed in New York last week, reports the Daily Mail.

Farmer, now aged 40, is seeking undisclosed damages from both the 58-year-old and Epstein's $634m estate.

Maxwell, who denies the claims, is demanding the case be brought to New Mexico because the alleged attack is said to have happened there at the pedophile's Zorro ranch.

The state also has a three-year statute of limitations meaning Farmer's case would be thrown out of court.


A lawyer for the Brit, who was raised in Oxford, argues that the 1996 allegation “expired sometime in 1999” insisting she brought the claim “years too late.”

Speculation about Maxwell's whereabouts have been rife since Epstein's arrest last July and his death in prison, said to be from hanging, in August.

She was reportedly staying in Massachusetts at the time of her former lover's imprisonment before popping up in a photograph at a fast food restaurant in California.

Since then, her movements have been a mystery although there have been reports she is hiding out at the New Mexico ranch.

Source: Read Full Article

Shocking moment BMW driver deliberately crushes pedestrian against wall before knifeman attacks car – The Sun

THIS is the shocking moment a BMW driver deliberately crushed a pedestrian up against a wall before a man draws a knife and attacks the car.

The terrifying incident took place in Halifax, West Yorkshire yesterday and saw the man slammed into a wall at speed.


In the video, the man in a white t-shirt is seen attempting to slow the black BMW.

The driver makes no attempt to stop, revving his engine and ploughing into the man in white.

The car slams into him and he is sandwiched between the car and the wall, ricocheting off it and falling to the ground.

The car can be heard screeching as it prepares to reverse and the man is seen quickly getting out of the way.

As the car pulls backwards, a second man dressed in grey approaches the vehicle carrying a knife.

He slashes furiously at the car as it drives by, stabbing the back window and front door.

As the clip ends, the two men are seen running away towards a larger group.

Following the incident, a mass altercation later broke out.

Video taken moments after the ramming shows two groups armed with weapons arguing with each other with one man launching a brick at his opponents.

Police were called to the scene, a clip taken following their arrival shows them attempting to placate the rivals as they continue to row in front of locals on a residential street.

West Yorkshire Police said three arrests had been made.

The scene has shocked many social media users.

‘Ali Baba’ wrote: “That guy got squashed like a fly.”

Jka Aron Wayne added: “Wtf is wrong with people could have been kids about f*****g idiots if you ask me, and in the month of Ramadan as well.”

And Azzy Ali said: “He’s lucky the guy didn't crush him against the wall.”




Source: Read Full Article

Shocking photos inside Wuhan lab show broken seal on unit storing 1,500 virus strains including bat coronavirus – The Sun

SHOCKING photos from a Wuhan lab show a broken seal on a store containing 1,500 virus strains – including the bat coronavirus linked to the devastating pandemic.

The startling images from the city where the virus broke out were published by the state-owned China Daily on Twitter last month before being swiftly deleted.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates


They had been released first in 2018 before re-emerging and causing concern over how the virus came to spread all over the world.

The picture of the fridge-freezer shows a flimsy loose seal on the door, as a lab worker pulls out a chilled box containing deadly samples while wearing gloves and a mask.

It was revealed earlier this month minister fear the deadly pandemic could have started after a leak from a lab.

US and British intelligence officials suspect bungling scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology accidentally spread the killer during risky coronavirus tests on bats.

In January 2018, the US Embassy in Beijing sent two official warnings back to Washington highlighting inadequate safety measures at the Wuhan lab where scientists conducted dangerous research on coronavirus from bats, The Washington Post reported.

They warned about safety and management weaknesses at the lab and proposed more international assistance as the Chinese had turned down help to prove their ability to work independently.

Patient Zero, the first person to contract Covid-19, was an intern there who infected her boyfriend, it was being claimed.

President Donald Trump said the US was trying to establish if coronavirus first crossed to humans during the bat tests.


Secretary of State Mike Pompeo pointed out that the WIV was “just a handful of miles” from the live animal market which Chinese officials rushed to pinpoint as the source of the outbreak.

Officials at the Wuhan lab have previously dismissed allegations that coronavirus came from their facility and have called them baseless conspiracy theories.

Scientists have said that genetic evidence indicates the virus was not artificially engineered and it had likely originated in bats.

However, the genetic data cannot indicate exactly where and how the virus first crossed to humans.

President Xi Jinping warned the public about the virus on January 20 — when more than 3,000 people had been infected during almost a week of public silence.

During the six days the world was unaware of the virus, the city of Wuhan — the epicentre of the global outbreak — hosted a mass banquet for tens of thousands of people, and millions began to travel through for Lunar New Year celebrations.

8

8

CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN THE KNOW

Don't miss the latest news and figures – and essential advice for you and your family.

To receive The Sun's Coronavirus newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, simply 'Like' our Coronavirus page.
Get Britain's best-selling newspaper delivered to your smartphone or tablet each day – find out more.

On March 11, the virus was declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization.

Other reports have also emerged alleging China attempted to cover up its role in the extent of the pandemic by silencing whistleblowers and muzzling scientists, while concerned doctors have disappeared.

2.3million people have been infected with the killer bug since the outbreak at the start of the year.

Countries have shut down and cities become ghost towns as the world tries to tackle the virus spread.

While most recover, at least 155,000 have died, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University based on figures supplied by health authorities around the globe.

China reported 16 new cases and no deaths in the 24 hours through midnight Saturday.

That raised the official fatality toll to 4,632 some three-quarters of them in the central city of Wuhan, where the virus emerged among 82,735 confirmed cases.


Source: Read Full Article