Mike Tyson claims fans won’t believe his opponent and insists it’s a bigger name than Evander Holyfield – The Sun

MIKE TYSON says the contract for his comeback will be done next week and the mystery opponent is a bigger name than Evander Holyfield.

The 53-year-old has been ramping up excitement for his return to the ring for weeks by sharing numerous clips from training.


Former boxing world champion Iron Mike is due to climb between the ropes for at least one exhibition bout for charity with his former foe Holyfield expressing his desire for a trilogy fight.

That is certainly one clash fans would be intrigued to see, with their last showdown ending in a DQ win for Holyfield after Tyson shockingly bit off a chunk of his rival’s ear.

Fellow ex-heavyweight champ Shannon Briggs also recently claimed he has agreed a deal to fight the Baddest Man on the Planet.

However, when asked by Lil Wayne on his Young Money Radio show whether Holyfield would be his first fight back, the American said everyone will be shocked when his opponent is eventually revealed.

Tyson said: “Na, na we got many guys. Listen we’ve got so many guys that want to do this man.

“We’re in calls, we’re doing business with guys right now. You’re not going to believe the names when the names come out. Some time this week we’ll have the contract done.

“And whatever money we get, it’s going to somebody else. I’m not going to make any money – probably the company, my wife because she’s partners with me, she’ll make some probably. But my money is going [to charity].”

Tyson, who retired from boxing in 2005 following a disappointing end to his previously epic career, also insists he feels in fantastic shape after showing off his explosive speed and power in various social media clips.

He added: “I’m feeling better than I’ve ever felt in my life. God has been merciful to me man. I’m gonna get on with it, I’m looking good. Yo Wayne, I’m 230 [pounds] right now!

“Man I’m just getting ready you know, I’m just getting ready to help some people out who are less fortunate than me. I’m gonna do this charity event.

“I’m going to take this money and help these homeless and we’re going to help these addicted brothers.

“Because I’ve been homeless and I’ve been addicted so I know the struggle. Not many people have survived like I did.”

Source: Read Full Article

Many in US won't return to gym or dining out: poll

Fox Business Flash top headlines for May 22

Fox Business Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on FoxBusiness.com.

Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.

Continue Reading Below

WASHINGTON — Much of the country remains unlikely to venture out to bars, restaurants, theaters or gyms anytime soon, despite state and local officials across the country increasingly allowing businesses to reopen, according to a new survey by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

That hesitancy in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak could muffle any recovery from what has been the sharpest and swiftest economic downturn in U.S. history. Just 42% of those who went to concerts, movies, theaters or sporting events at least monthly before the outbreak say they’d do so in the next few weeks if they could. Only about half of those who regularly went to restaurants, exercised at the gym or traveled would feel comfortable doing so again.

Lynn Tanner, center, and her husband Ryan, bottom right, are served lunch at Busy Bee Cafe Thursday, May 21, 2020, in Ventura, Calif. (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez)

MOST SMALL BUSINESSES REQUESTED PPP RELIEF: HERE’S HOW MANY RECEIVED LOANS

About a quarter of Americans say someone in their household has lost a job amid that downturn, and about half have lost household income, including layoffs, pay cuts, cut hours or unpaid time off. The majority of those whose household suffered a layoff still believe they will return to their previous employer, but the share expecting their job will not return has risen slightly over the past month, to 30% from 20%.

Amber Van Den Berge, a teacher in Indiana, held off on immediately returning to her second job as a fitness instructor. She would need to pass a test for COVID-19, get her temperature checked each morning and lead class while wearing a protective mask.

“Wear a mask to teach a fitness class? I’m not ready for that,” said Van Den Berge, 39.

The speed and strength of any economic rebound could be thwarted because many fear the risk of new infections. Consumers make up roughly 70% of U.S. economic activity, so anything less than a total recovery in spending would force many companies to permanently close and deepen the financial pain for 39 million people who have lost jobs in roughly the past two months.

Forty-nine percent of Americans approve of how President Donald Trump is handling the economy, the poll shows. That has slipped over the last two months, from 56% in March. Still, the issue remains a relative positive for Trump, whose overall approval rating stands at 41%.

President Donald Trump speaks at Ford’s Rawsonville Components Plant Thursday in Ypsilanti, Mich. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

TACO BELL TO MAKE 30K CORONAVIRUS HIRES THIS SUMMER

Trump has at times downplayed the threat of the coronavirus and the benefits of testing and has criticized the leadership of Democratic governors. Meanwhile, many Democratic lawmakers have insisted on the importance of containing the disease and sustaining the economy with federal aid.

Greg Yost, a Republican from Rockaway, New Jersey, says he wishes the president would defer more to medical experts, rather than speak off the cuff. But he added that he thinks Trump believes he must defend himself against personal attacks.

“He’s between a rock and a hard place,” Yost said.

But ShyJuan Clemons, 45, of Merrillville, Indiana, says Trump has made the fallout from the pandemic worse by initially denying its dangers and failing to display much empathy for those hurt by the coronavirus.

“Even my cat knows that he’s terrible,” said Clemons, referring to his 14-year-old Siamese mix, Shinji.

Clemons works with special needs people and worries about his hours if Indiana — starved of tax revenues because of the disease — cuts its budget.

But it also shows how an atmosphere of political polarization may be feeding both an eagerness by some to return and a reluctance by others to resume their previous lifestyles.

Among those who did so at least monthly before the outbreak, Republicans are far more likely than Democrats to say they’d go to restaurants (69% to 37%), movies, concerts or theaters (68% to 28%), travel (65% to 38%) and go to a gym or fitness studio (61% to 44%).

After being closed for several weeks due to the coronavirus outbreak, Chandler Fashion Center Mall welcomes back patrons with many social distancing guideline signs Sunday in Chandler, Ariz. (AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin)

KEVIN HASSETT PREDICTS CORONAVIRUS JOB LOSSES WILL PEAK IN JUNE

Sixty-nine percent of those who regularly shopped in person for nonessential items before the outbreak, including majorities among both parties, say they’d be likely to wander malls and stores again. But Republicans are more likely to say so than Democrats, 82% to 61%.

Yost expressed no qualms about going out because he believes the economic damage from shelter-in-place orders will be worse than the deaths from the disease.

“What’s going to happen with depression, homelessness — a lot of other problems are going to arise because we shut down the economy?” said Yost, a vice president of operations at an insurance agency. “I would go to a restaurant and feel comfortable with my kids and not even have masks on.”

Still, there's an exception to the partisan divide, with 76% of Republicans and 69% of Democrats who get haircuts on at least a monthly basis saying they’d do that in the next few weeks if they could.

The poll finds an overwhelming majority of Americans, 70%, describe the economy as poor, but their outlook for the future is highly partisan. Sixty-two percent of Republicans expect improvement in the coming year, while 56% of Democrats say it will worsen.

At the same time, two-thirds of Americans say their personal finances are good, which has remained steady since before the outbreak began.

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

Many families have been able to survive the downturn because of aid such as direct payments to taxpayers and expanded unemployment benefits that will expire in July.

Mitchell Durst, 74, has watched the job losses from the sidelines as a retired mathematician in Keyser, West Virginia.

He was already cautious about going out because of a compromised immune system from cancer treatments. The disease stopped his weekly poker game. He lived through the polio crisis, dealt with gas rationing during the 1970s and worked in Nigeria during the Ebola scare.

He calculates the United States will need to be patient about an economic comeback.

“Until we have a vaccine, particularly for those folks at risk, it’s going to be awhile,” Durst said. “If we get something in two years, if we’re so fortunate to be able to do that, I think that would be fantastic.”

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ON FOX BUSINESS

___

The AP-NORC poll of 1,056 adults was conducted May 14-18 using a sample drawn from NORC’s probability-based AmeriSpeak Panel, which is designed to be representative of the U.S. population. The margin of sampling error for all respondents is plus or minus 4.2 percentage points.

Source: Read Full Article

Boris Johnson WON'T face criminal probe into his close friendship with Jennifer Arcuri

BORIS Johnson WON'T face a criminal probe into his close friendship with businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri, it has been reported.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is set to reveal its decision this lunchtime on whether the Prime Minister's links to the technology entrepreneur will result in an official investigation.

Sources told the Daily Mirror that the Independent Office for Police Conduct had found some evidence of a possible “intimate relationship” between the pair, but that it was “unnecessary” to launch a criminal investigation.

They are set to say that the PM will not face any further action from them.

But it could now mean the London Assembly will launch a probe – who paused theirs last year while waiting for more evidence.

The 35-year-old ex model was alleged to have had an affair with the PM helping her get access to £126,000 grants and sponsorship for her companies.

Ms Arcuri previously refused six times to answer whether she had an affair with the PM.


The PM has insisted “everything was done entirely in the proper way” over his professional dealings with Miss Arcuri.

But he would not deny having an extramarital affair with her while he was London Mayor.

Mr Johnson formed a close friendship with Miss Arcuri after the pair met in 2012, and took her on three trade trips with him.

 

 

Source: Read Full Article

We Won't See Archie Again for Some Time Following His Birthday Reading Video, Source Says

Prior to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and Prince Harry probably had big plans for their son, Archie Harrison’s first birthday. Unfortunately, California’s Stay-At-Home mandate, as well as social distancing guidelines meant that the proud parents had to drastically alter their plans.

Instead of a big blow out celebration with family and friends, we believe that the Sussexes will settle in for a slice of cake and some quality time in their Los Angeles rental home. Like the did for Queen Elizabeth II’s 94th birthday celebration, the Sussexes will probably use FaceTime and Zoom to chat with all of their loved ones.

Though we all delighted in the video of the duchess reading her son, Duck! Rabbit! one royal expert is convinced we won’t be seeing much more of Archie in the future.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry celebrated Archie’s birthday with storytime

Though they had initially planned a birthday celebration that was to double as a”Welcome to LA” party, the Sussexes are enjoying a private birthday soiree at home. However, they did allow the public to get a peek at their adorable baby boy.

The Save the Children UK charity shared a video of Meghan reading, Amy Krouse Rosenthal’s award-winning children’s book, Duck! Rabbit! to the rambunctious one-year-old with Prince Harry cheering them on behind the camera. In the video the duke and duchess make quacking sounds to amuse their little one, and Meghan calls the little one by the adorable nickname, Arch. Archie can also be heard saying the word, “duck.” At one point he even decides he’s had enough of the book and tries to move on to another, before throwing the new book on the floor.

The video for Save the Children UK was in partnership with their Save The Stories Campaign which helps support vulnerable families and their children across the U.K. amid the pandemic.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left the British royal family for Archie

Though the had several issues with the British press and public, especially when it came to continued privacy violations and the sexist and racist rhetoric spewed at Meghan, the Sussexes ultimately decided on Megxit because of their young son.

“Sometimes the right decision isn’t always the easy one,” Harry said during a leaked phone call. “And this decision certainly wasn’t the easy one but it was the right decision for our family, the right decision to be able to protect my son.”

We won’t see much of Archie going forward

The Sussexes used a charity as a clever way to showcase their baby boy. However, it had been nearly seven months since we’d last Archie out and about. Now one royal expert says we should expect to see only Archie every now and again.

“Even after lockdown is lifted they plan to keep him away from the cameras,” a source told Vanity Fair’s royal correspondent Katie Nicholl. “They want him to have an ordinary childhood away from the cameras.”

For the Sussexes, raising Archie outside of the royal family will mean giving him as normal of a childhood as they possibly can.

Source: Read Full Article

Nicole Kidman Won’t ‘Jeopardize’ Her Family for an Acting Role

Family above all else! Nicole Kidman revealed that she’s passed on roles in the past in order to keep her loved ones close together.

“We have a system worked out to keep the family together,” Kidman, 52, told the Wall Street Journal in its May 2020 issue.

The Big Little Lies alum and husband Keith Urban both have busy schedules, which leads to a give-and-take with her career choices.

“When Keith’s not touring, it’s much easier,” the Practical Magic actress admitted, but with the Australian singer going on tour next year, Kidman said “I just don’t work as much.”

“Literally, it will become imbalanced,” she explained. “And we will change it.”

The couple, who share daughters Sunday Rose, 11, and Faith, 9, have made sure to focus on their family dynamic and creating normalcy whenever possible.

“We don’t have the answers, but the one thing we do know is that we will not jeopardize us,” the Moulin Rouge star said.

The Oscar-winning actress revealed that success is only fulfilling if you have your people there alongside you.

“The only thing that really matters is love,” she told the publication. “No matter what your accomplishments are, it’s incredibly lonely if you’re not surrounded by some form of love.”

Despite picking roles — and sometimes turning them down — based on her family’s schedule, Kidman admitted that she doesn’t have “deep regrets.”

“What I think is good for me and what I’ve desperately wished for has not always been the thing that’s turned out to be the thing that I needed,” she explained.

The Cold Mountain actress and her husband rarely share details about their daughters’ lives, but Kidman did pen sweet tributes to both of her girls on their birthdays in 2019.

“Our baby girl is now 9! We love you so much precious precious girl. Happy birthday Faith! xx ❤️🎂,” she wrote via Instagram on a throwback baby photo of her youngest on December 28.

In July, the Undoing producer shared a picture of her daughters in Paris in honor of Sunday Rose’s 11th birthday writing, “Happy Birthday darling Sunday ❤️ #Paris.”

Kidman also shares two grown children, Isabella, 27, and Connor, 25, with her ex-husband Tom Cruise.

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!

Source: Read Full Article