BBC News Prince Harry report interrupted by East 17s Brian Harvey
BBC News was interrupted during live coverage outside the High Court by a rather unexpected face – East 17's Brian Harvey.
Correspondent Joe Inwood was reporting from outside the Rolls Building, where Prince Harry is in court to give evidence in his individual case against MGN over alleged unlawful information gathering.
But he admitted he "lost his train of thought" when the broadcast took an unexpected turn, with none other than singer Brian Harvey turning up with a message for Prince Harry.
Afterwards, the BBC regular took to Twitter and shared a photo of the East 17 star in a grey tracksuit, sunglasses and a baseball cap.
He said: "So, turns out the protester who disrupted our live broadcast… was Brian Harvey from E17!
"No wonder I lost my train of thought!"
Harvey was seen shouting up at the building saying that he could "help" Harry, but he needed to "leave [his barrister] David Sherborne behind".
During the trial, 33 articles, dated between 1996 and 2009, have been examined.
The articles in question discuss the Duke of Sussex's relationship with his family and ex-girlfriend Chelsy Davy, as well as his military service, allegations of drug use and injuries and illnesses.
MGN has denied that 28 out of the 33 stories involved unlawful information gathering, and that it was not admitted for the other five.
Harry has sued MGN for damages, alleging that unlawful information gathering took place at its titles the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Sunday People.
While 33 articles have been selected for the trial, the Duke alleges that around 140 published between 1996 and 2020 included information which had been gained using unlawful methods.
Three other "representative" claims are being heard alongside Harry's, with the trial due to last six to seven weeks.
MGN is contesting the claims, and has either denied or not admitted each of the allegations.
The publishing group has also argued that some claimants brought legal action too late.
An MGN spokesperson said: "Where historical wrongdoing has taken place, we have made admissions, take full responsibility and apologise unreservedly, but we will vigorously defend against allegations of wrongdoing where our journalists acted lawfully.
"MGN is now part of a very different company. We are committed to acting with integrity and our objective in this trial is to allow both the business and our journalists to move forward from events that took place many years ago."
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article