17 Brits including children dead or missing after Israel massacre as Hamas threaten to execute hostages taken to Gaza | The Sun
AT least 17 Brits including children are dead or missing after Hamas terrorists stormed Israel, it is understood.
Fears are growing for those missing after Hamas chillingly warned they would kill a hostage for each new Israeli attack.
Israel was caught off guard as Hamas terrorists stormed over the border on Saturday – gunning down men, women and children in their homes, on the streets and at an outdoor music festival.
They dragged an estimated 150 soldiers, men, women, children and the elderly into captivity in Gaza.
Three Brits have been confirmed dead so far, and a further 14 including kids are feared killed or are missing, a source told BBC.
Scot Bernard Cowan, 57, was murdered by the terrorist groups during the horror attacks.
And Corporal Nathanel Young, 20, who was serving in the Israeli Defence Forces, was confirmed dead on Saturday.
Daniel Darlington, a UK photographer, was also killed while visiting the country.
His sister wrote on Instagram that he was "murdered by terrorists".
Daniel and his German girlfriend, Carolin Bohlwere pictured laughing in a post on Instagram just three days before they disappeared during the brutal attack.
Most read in The Sun
Luton airport travel chaos as it STOPS all flights after huge car park blaze
Real reason Holly Willoughby quit This Morning revealed as ITV show in crisis
‘I LOST FAITH’
Paloma Faith breaks her silence & reveals real reason she dumped her husband
Holly Willoughby QUITS This Morning after 14 years as she thanks viewers
Brits reported as missing were mostly said to have been at a music festival in southern Israel, where horrified rescuers found 260 bodies after Hamas terrorists cut the power and opened fire.
It comes as…
- Israeli troops are massing on the border with Gaza ready to 'execute' as 300,000 ready for a ground invasion
- Horrific details continue to emerge after Hamas terrorists mass attack on Israeli civilians over the weekend
- Babies and young children were reportedly slaughtered, with some beheaded, in the kibbutz of Kfar Aza
- 1,200 people have been killed in Israel – while the death toll in Gaza hit 950
- Strikes on Gaza continue – with reports of rockets also being fired into Israel from Lebanon and Syria
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu dubbed Hamas 'worse than ISIS' in a phone call with US President Joe Biden
- Families are still desperately waiting for news on hostages captured by Hamas – including tattoo artist Shani Louk
Shocking footage showed terrified ravers fleeing the site as Hamas militants gunned down innocent revelers.
Among those still missing is Brit Jake Marlowe, who was working as a security guard at the music festival.
Friends of the Arsenal fan, 26, said his first instinct would have been to make sure everyone else was safe before he thought of himself.
Lifelong pal Daniel Aboudy, 26, said: “He is tough and heroic but caring and protective as well. He will always do everything he can to help everyone.”
And trainee barrister Lea Sztemberg, 24, added: "His instinct would be to help those around him, not to run."
In total, some 2,300 were injured by the militant group who also kidnapped more than 100 people – including many at the event where Jake was working.
Only hours before the gunmen unleashed hell, thejake had sent a text to his mum saying rockets were flying overhead and promised to keep in touch.
Early Saturday morning, he said: "Signal very bad, everything is okay, I will keep you updated I promise you. Love you."
Hundreds of other attendees of the music festival remain missing, and many were kidnapped and taken into Gaza.
On Monday, Hamas leaders warned they would kill a hostage for each new Israeli attack.
The group’s armed wing spokesman Abu Ubaida said: “From this moment on, every targeting of our people who are safe in their homes without prior warning will be met, with regret, by the execution of one of our enemy’s civilian hostages.
“And we will urgently broadcast this with audio and video.”
But Israel has remained defiant, and has vowed to raze Gaza to the ground as it launched 250 airstrikes in just one hour into its "Nest of Terror".
Forces unleashed 250 airstrikes in just one hour early on Wednesday, Fox News' Trey Yingst reported.
Dozens of buildings were reduced to rubble – leaving unknown numbers of bodies beneath mounds of debris as residents scrambled to find safety.
Meanwhile, Israel has called up an unprecedented 300,000 reservists.
Read More on The Sun
Holly Willoughby made This Morning decision ‘WEEKS ago after family chat’
I left school with one GCSE and sold pies at Man City – now I've made £306million
Israel's military has insisted hundreds of troops massed near the Gaza border are "ready to execute the mission we have been given".
An Israeli defence official told Channel 13 News that Gaza would become a "tent city" after Hamas fighters broke through the border fence and stormed into the country's south at the weekend.
Source: Read Full Article