Bride dies at her own wedding reception after suffering ‘anaphylactic shock caused by nut allergy'
A BRIDE has tragically died at her own wedding reception after she is believed to have suffered an anaphylactic shock caused by a nut allergy.
Alexandra Erokhova, 25, had an extreme reaction when she ate a sweet dish at the meal immediately following her nuptials.
Guests rushed to assist the young bride who reportedly “began to suffocate at the table” at a lavish banquet hall at Tsaritsyno Palace in Moscow.
Concerned attendees called an ambulance to the Palace – previously founded by Catherine the Great – where the wedding party was held.
A resuscitation team arrived but “was unable to save the bride”, reports said.
Doctors said she had suffered "anaphylactic shock", commonly caused by a nut allergy.
Alexandra suffered from a nut allergy since she was a child and relatives were said to have told the chefs in advance, according to her family.
Sweet dishes served after the wedding were said to have contained nuts.
The 15-year-old had studied banking and finance at the elite Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration in Moscow.
Police are still investigating the circumstances surrounding her death.
In similarly tragic news, a New Zealand bride died from a bacterial infection linked to meningitis just hours after getting married.
Jamieka McCarthy Harford, 26, died after falling ill during her wedding ceremony in Auckland.
Last year, a woman suffered a potentially life-threatening allergic reaction after having unprotected sex with her husband.
The 46-year-old, from Baltimore, Maryland, went to A&E soon after as she felt dizzy, was profusely sweating and had red, itchy blotches on her skin.
What is anaphylactic shock?
Anaphylactic shock is a severe and potentially fatal reaction to a trigger such as an allergy.
It normally comes on suddenly, and gets worse very quickly.
Feeling lightheaded, dizzy or faint
Fast or shallow breathing
A fast heartbeat
Confusion and anxiety
Collapsing or losing consciousness
A sufferer may also display symptoms of allergies, such as an itchy raised rash (hives), feeling or being sick, swelling or stomach pain.
Anaplylaxis occurs when the immune system over-reacts to a trigger.
This is normally, but not always, because of allergies.
In some cases, there's no obvious trigger. This is known as idiopathic anaphylaxis.
Source: Read Full Article