Child molester eats poison-laced Snickers bar in court
Child molester eats poison-laced Snickers bar in court after he was found guilty of sex attacks to try and escape justice
- Elderly child molester smuggled poisoned Snickers bar into court
- He took a bit as he was guilty of historic sex offences and collapsed
- READ MORE: Paedophile tradie preyed on young teen schoolgirl
A child molester sneaked a bite of a poisoned chocolate bar he smuggled into court in a desperate bid to escape justice as he was found guilty of sex attacks.
The 76-year-old had injected the Snickers bar with lethal poison before the verdict was delivered at the County Court of Victoria.
As the verdict on his evil was being handed down, he pulled the spiked snack from his pocket and managed to eat a mouthful of it at the hearing in June.
But the apparent suicide attempt failed, and instead, the poison damaged his kidneys, and he injured his shoulder and dislocated a finger as he fell to the ground in agony.
He had been found guilty of two historical counts of sexual penetration of a child under 16 and two counts of committing indecent acts with a child under 16.
‘The moment that first guilty charge was read out, that’s when he consumed the Snickers bar,’ said defence lawyer Fraser Cameron.
‘[That’s] how he handled the verdict. He was fearful.’
A child molester sneaked a bite of a poisoned Snickers bar he smuggled into court in desperate bid to escape justice as he was found guilty of sex attacks
The 76-year-old had injected the Snickers bar with lethal poison ahead of the verdict being delivered at the County Court of Victoria (pictured)
The sex offender, who can’t be named for legal reasons, was later released from hospital and has been held in prison awaiting sentencing in the three months since.
‘The treatment for his injuries after the verdict has been successful,’ Cameron said, the Sydney Morning Herald reported. ‘He has stabilised in custody.’
The man faced court on Monday from prison to hear a victim impact statement from the young girl he targeted after the death of her father more than 30 years ago.
The court was told he abused her from the age of just four for a decade at a home in regional Victoria, and threatened to kill the rest of her family if she ever spoke out.
She said that the abuse was almost daily, branding the molester an evil monster and said the memories of her ordeal still haunted her decades later.
The man faced court on Monday from prison to hear a victim impact statement from the young girl he targeted after the death of her father more than 30 years ago
‘I was the scared little girl who cried herself to sleep, wishing my father came back to save me,’ she said as she read out her statement in court.
‘My adulthood is still tormented by your insanity. I was [your] favourite mistake. My entire childhood, I was groomed and abused.’
But she said she had tried to overcome the devastating attacks and added: ‘I am a survivor.
‘I am not what happened to me – I am what I chose to become.’
He will be sentenced at a later date and faces up 10 years in jail as a serious sex offender.
Source: Read Full Article