DMX is in coma and will undergo tests on his brain today as hospital staff send powerful sign

DMX remains in a coma and will undergo tests on Wednesday to determine his brain function after staff sent a powerful message to the crowd of fans and friends gathered outside the hospital.

Staff made an X sign with their arms out the window as some of the famed rapper's 15 children joined the emotional vigil on Tuesday.

The music star, whose real name is Earl Simmons,remains in a critical condition after suffering a heart attack last week reportedly triggered by a drug overdose.

His manager and founder of Loud Records Steve Rifkind confirmed that the 50-year-old's condition remains unchanged as the family hold out hope.

Doctors will perform tests on Wednesday on DMX's level of brain function, which could be critical in determining his chance of recovery.

"DMX is currently on life support and in a coma. There are multiple people with inaccurate information about his well-being and it is not helpful and productive," Rifkind told NBC News on Tuesday night.

"Tomorrow he will undergo further tests on his brain function and his family will determine what's best from there," he added.

Members of his family were able to visit with him on Tuesday night after hundreds gathered outside the hospital in White Plain, New York, where he has been treated since Friday night.

Emotional photos showed his ex-wife Tashera Simmons and fiancee Desiree Lindstrom being comforted by friends and family.

Another mother of his children, Yadira Borrego, was also in attendance, along with DMX's sons, Xavier and Exodus.

The rapper 15 kids with nine different women, he once confirmed to The Breakfast Club.

“Some of them have met others. I ain’t a total piece of s–t,” he said. “I ain’t have kids in the same county. Yeah, I slipped up. I got a few in New York; I got a few in Cali.”

Due to Covid restrictions, only one family member can visit him at a time.

"We appreciate your prayers and support," Rifkind added.

DMX was reportedly left in a "vegetative state" after suffering a heart attack on Friday night and having to be revived three times.

Citing a source, ET reported how medics "tried to revive him twice in the house, and revived him again in the hospital."

The insider said: "This is a very difficult time for the family. They are standing by his bedside, holding his hand and praying. They are really in prayer mode."

The family of the rapper had announced in an email on Sunday that the vigil will be held outside the hospital from 5pm and asked that fans keep the rapper in their "thoughts, wishes and prayer."

In an email seen by AP, the family said: "On Friday night, April 2nd, 2021, our brother, son, father and colleague DMX, birth name of Earl Simmons, was admitted to White plains (NY) Hospital, facing serious health issues.

"We ask that you please keep Earl/DMX and us in your thoughts, wishes and prayers as well as respect our privacy as we face these challenges."

A second email confirmed that the rapper is still in a coma and was currently using a ventilator.

Earlier on Saturday, TMZ had reported that the “Where the Hood At” rapper was in a critical condition after an overdose at his home at around 11pm on Friday night.

However, his attorney Murray Richman would not confirm to TMZ that the heart attack had been caused by an overdose.

“I refuse to vouch for that because I have no personal knowledge,” Richman said.

Information first started to circulate when famed NY rapper Eric B shared an image of himself and DMX.

He captioned the image: “Please pray for my brother DMX,” along with the hashtag #DMXhospitalized.

DMX has reportedly struggled with drug addiction throughout his adult life – and has openly addressed the issues within his songs.

In 2016, Page Six reported DMX stopped breathing and had no pulse after suffering a drug overdose in a Westchester, New York, parking lot.

Luckily, a medic on hand administered Narcan, an anti-opioid used to reverse the effects of a heroin overdose, according to police.

The rapper became “semiconscious” and was rushed to a nearby hospital where he received treatment. 

The following month, he entered in to a drug rehab program.

Source: Read Full Article