Princess Anne crowned the hardest working member of the Royal Family
PRINCESS Anne has been crowned the hardest working member of the Royal Family.
The Princess Royal, 70, clocked up 148 official engagements last year and spent 145 days carrying out public duties, latest figures show.
Second was Prince Charles, 72, with 146 engagements over 141 working days.
The Queen, 94, was third with 136 engagements over 130 days.
The figures were taken from the official record of royal engagements — some via video due to Covid.
Top 10 royals
1. Princess Anne 148 engagements in 145 days
2. Prince Charles 146 engagements in 141 days
3. The Queen 136 engagements in 130 days
4. Prince Edward 126 engagements in 123 days
5. Prince William 104 engagements in 103 days
6. Sophie, Countess of Wessex 86 engagements in 85 days
7. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall 81 engagements in 81 days
8. Catherine, Duchess of Cambs 79 engagements in 77 days
9. Duke of Kent 55 engagements in 55 days
10. Princess Alexandra 11 engagements in 11 days
Commercial property agents SavoyStewart.co.uk analysed engagements for each of the Royals in the Court Circular, the official record of past Royal engagements, for 2020 to come up with the findings.
Spokeswoman Darren Best said: “For many generations, the royal family’s fierce dedication to serving the crown has been one of their greatest legacies, and our findings clearly indicate that age is no obstacle for the most senior members of ‘the Firm’.
“The Queen’s commitment to lifelong service has been an example to her daughter Princess Anne and her ultimate successor, Prince Charles, who follows closely in her hardworking regal footsteps.”
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article