Queen, 93, is ‘in good health’ and isolating with Philip, 98, after meeting coronavirus-hit Boris Johnson two weeks ago – The Sun
THE Queen is "in good health" and isolating with Prince Philip after meeting Boris Johnson two weeks ago.
Buckingham Palace today said the 93-year-old monarch was well after the PM confirmed he had tested positive for the bug.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
But despite initial fears the Queen could have come into contact with the PM while he was contagious, it has since been revealed Her Majesty has not seen Boris for two weeks.
The pair normally see each other face-to-face for their regular weekly audience.
However, on March 18, the Queen and Boris instead spoke over the phone before she headed to Windsor.
This means the last time she saw the PM in person was March 11.
They again held their weekly audience over the phone this week on March 25, with the palace even releasing a photograph of the chat.
The royal was seen holding a white phone, surrounded by small dog statues, while chatting with the PM.
Buckingham Palace today said the Queen remains in "good health".
It is also understood she is following all the appropriate advice with regards to her welfare.
The 93-year-old monarch is currently at Windsor with her 98-year-old husband Prince Philip after the pair headed there a week earlier than scheduled amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Philip was flown to Windsor from Sandringham to be with his wife.
It comes as Buckingham Palace today announced the Queen's birthday celebrations – Trooping the Colour – will "not go ahead in its traditional form".
They said: "A number of other options are being considered, in line with relevant guidance."
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN THE KNOW
Don't miss the latest news and figures – and essential advice for you and your family.
To receive The Sun's Coronavirus newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, simply 'Like' our Coronavirus page.
Get Britain's best-selling newspaper delivered to your smartphone or tablet each day – find out more.
Prince Charles, 71, meanwhile is in self-isolation in Scotland after testing positive to the bug.
The future king tested positive for the killer bug on Monday night after he began to display mild symptoms but the Palace say he remains in "good health".
A source added "medical advice is that it is unlikely to escalate into a more serious case".
The Duchess of Cornwall, 72, who is also at Birkhall, in Aberdeenshire, has tested negative for the virus, so is separating herself from the prince.
Clarence House added: "In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
"The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.
“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."
However, the royal met with Prince Albert of Monaco, who later tested positive for coronavirus, on March 10.
The Prince had been avoiding shaking hands with members of the public at a number of events recently, instead choosing to use the namaste gesture.
He last appeared in public with the Queen, along with princes William and Harry and other senior royals, at the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey on March 9.
Source: Read Full Article