What haircare products are on the Procter & Gamble recall list?
PROCTER and Gamble is famously known as a multinational consumer goods corporation that owns major brands including Crest, Gillette, Pampers, and Tide.
In December 2021, the company issued a recall on 32 haircare products after reportedly detecting "unexpected levels" of benzene.
What haircare products are on the Proctor & Gamble recall list?
The 32 products on the Procter and Gamble recall list include:
- Waterless Dry Conditioner Weightless Smooth, 3.6oz
- Waterless Dry Conditioner Instant Moisture, 3.6oz
- Waterless Dry Conditioner Weightless Smooth, .98oz
- Waterless Dry Conditioner Instant Moisture, .98oz
- Pantene Sultry Bronde All in One Luxury Mist, 4.9oz
- Pantene Smooth Talker Dry Conditioning Oil, 3.9oz
- Pantene Mist Behaving Dry Conditioning Mist, 3.9oz.
- Pantene Mist Behaving Dry Conditioning Mist, 3.9oz
- Pantene Mist Behaving Dry Conditioning Mist, 1.0oz
- Pantene Gold Series Instant Nourishing Spray, 4.9oz
- Aussie Smooth Vibes Dry Conditioner, 4.9oz
- Aussie Petal Soft Dry Conditioner, 4.9oz
- Aussie Sleekend Warrior Dry Conditioner, 4.9oz
- Herbal Essences Blue Ginger Refresh Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Herbal Essences White Grapefruit & Mint Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Herbal Essences White Strawberry & Sweet Mint Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Herbal Essences Cucumber & Green Tea Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Herbal Essences Cucumber & Green Tea Dry Shampoo, 1.7oz
- Pantene Dry Shampoo No Water Refresh, 4.9oz
- Pantene Dry Shampoo Sheer Volume, 4.9oz
- Pantene Never Tell Dry Shampoo, 4.2oz
- Aussie After Hours Dry Shampoo Texture Spray, 4.9oz
- Aussie Tousle Hustle Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Aussie Bounce Back Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Aussie Clean Color Protect Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Aussie Clean Texture Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Aussie Clean Volume Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Waterless Dry Shampoo No Residue, 3.7oz
- Waterless Dry Shampoo No Residue, 1oz
- Hair Food Coconut Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Old Spice Fiji Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
- Old Spice Pure Sport Dry Shampoo, 4.9oz
The recall comes just weeks after Old Spice and Secret deodorants were recalled by the company for a similar reason.
Why were the products recalled?
On December 20, the company released a statement revealing that they detected benzene in their products and issued the recall out of an abundance of caution.
Benzene is a chemical that has been linked to some cancers following long-term exposure, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.
"Following recent reports that indicated traces of benzene in some aerosol spray products, we began a review of our total portfolio of aerosol products," the company said in a statement to Newsweek.
"While benzene is not an ingredient in any of our products, our review showed that unexpected levels of benzene came from the propellant that sprays the product out of the can.
"We detected benzene in aerosol dry shampoo spray products and aerosol dry conditioner spray products. Nothing is more important to us than the safety of the consumers who use our products and the quality of the products we ship," the company added.
"In light of these findings, and out of an abundance of caution, we have issued a voluntary recall at the consumer level of aerosol dry shampoo sprays and aerosol dry conditioner sprays from Pantene, Herbal Essences, Aussie and Waterl<ss, in addition to dry shampoos that were previously discontinued by Old Spice and Hair Food," the statement concluded.
Those who have purchased the products are able to get a refund and are asked to "appropriately discard" the affected products.
Source: Read Full Article