Who was Keith ‘Froggy’ Frogson and what happened to him? | The Sun

KEITH 'FROGGY' FROGSON was wrongfully killed on July 19, 2004 after his killer – Robert Boyer – followed him and traced his evening pattern until he attacked.

This is about who was Keith 'Froggy' Frogson and how he suffered a painful and wrongful death by Robert Boyer.

Who was Keith 'Froggy' Frogson?

Keith 'Froggy' Frogson was a 62-year-old ex-miner who lived in Annesley Woodhouse in Nottinghamshire.

Throughout his career, he was a strikers' recruiting sergeant and worked alongside the National Union of Mineworkers.

He was very much involved in the miners' strike which made headlines through 1984 and 1985 and led to the closure of the British coal industry.

He had three children with Rachel Frogson who then married Dilshard Junaideen and moved to Sri Lanka with him.

Read More on Murders

The UK’s worst serial killers: from Peter Sutcliffe to Dennis Nilsen

I’ve caught dozens of killers as a cop – but only one who keeps me up at night

What happened to Keith 'Froggy' Frogson?

On July 19, 2004, Keith was walking back home from the pub, when Robert Boyer was waiting for him with a crossbow and Samurai sword – which he bought online for £150.

Robert was convinced that Keith was trying to ruin his home and causing damages to it. That is why he started following him and listing down his evening pattern to eventually plan an attack and kill him.

On that night, Robert shot him with a crossbow and then hit him with the sword until he made sure that he is dead.

Robert was being searched for by police, but that did not stop him from returning to Keith's home and setting it on fire while his daughter and her boyfriend were in it, two weeks later.

Most read in News


Teacher killed & 14 students hurt as driver mows down crowd at 'full throttle'


Water park visitors evacuated as swimmers feel sick with itchy eyes


Travellers descend on Appleby for Europe's biggest gypsy fair


Soldier who killed couple with ceremonial blade told cops 'it was an op'

After 450 officers from eight different stations came together, 30 specialist dogs, helicopters with heat-detection technology and a cost of £1.5 million found Robert Boyer in the woods, it was concluded that the killer was suffering from mental health problems.

Prosecutor Andrew Easteal told the court: "He had convinced himself that Keith Ferguson was trying to dismantle his house brick by brick, that acid was being thrown at the brickwork and that a screwdriver had been used to chip away at the brick.

"He had developed a fixation with Mr Frogson. He was obsessed with the idea that Mr Frogson was persecuting him and trying to damage his home.

"Mr Frogson was completely innocent of this and had no idea what Boyer was thinking, or the delusions he was having."

At first, it was thought that Robert was after Keith following their different opinions on the mines issue. But Easteal shut down such rumours.

He added: "It was suggested initially that the origin of this tragedy had something to do with the miners' strike. May I make it absolutely clear that suggestion is wholly wrong. It has no basis in fact.

"The reason for that misunderstanding stems from the fact that Boyer was a miner and worked through the strike and Frogson was a leading member of the NUM.

"But Boyer was quite oblivious to this until after the arrest. The fixation had nothing whatsoever to do with that. He was having entirely fanciful beliefs about what he believed Mr Frogson was doing."

It was a tough time for Keith's family to endure, especially getting to know the their father's killer was given an indefinite hospital order rather than sent to jail.

A spokesman from the Crown Prosecution Service said: "It was only after very careful consideration and consultation that the prosecution team decided that evidence of Boyer's mental condition was such that a charge of murder was not sustainable.

Read More on The Sun

I was a EuroMillions winner for just 10mins, now I’m back to my mouldy flat

Man praises ‘genius’ passenger’s trick to getting through long haul flights

"A meeting then took place with the family where the reasons were fully discussed so that they would be aware of why that decision had to be made."

Detective Chief Inspector Russ Foster, leader of the investigation, addressed the family as he said: "They have demonstrated tremendous resilience during this investigation and have endured the worst events of their lives with the utmost dignity."

    Source: Read Full Article